Immigration Lawyers

Our Office Provides immigrants, residents & citizens with all types of Immigration Services like Family Based Petitions, obtaining a Green Card, helping with the I-601 A (Unlawful Presence Waiver), Filing for U.S Citizenship, assisting with the U-visa and Asylum Cases.


Family Based Petitions:


Family based Petitions are the primary basis for legal immigration into the United States. Under current immigration law, U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents can sponsor certain family members for a visa that provides permanent residence, also known as a “green card.  If you filed a petition for your spouse or minor children (under age 21 and unmarried) while you were a Lawful Permanent Resident, the visa category was family second preference (F2A). When you become a U.S. citizen, NVC will upgrade the petition to an immediate relative (IR) visa category.

If you are a U.S. Citizen you can petition for the following relatives, as long as you can proof the relationship: Husband or wife, unmarried child under 21 years old, Unmarried Son or Daughter over 21 years old, Married Son or Daughter any Age, Brother(s) or Sister(s), if you are at least 21 years old, Mother or Father if you are at least 21 years old.

If you are a Lawful Permanent Residents you can Petition for the following relatives: Husband or Wife, unmarried child under 21 years old, Unmarried Son or Daughter over 21 years old.


Green Card:


Green card through your family. A family member in the United States can sponsor you. If your family member is a U.S. citizen, then they can sponsor their spouse, unmarried children under twenty-one years of age, and parents. They can also sponsor siblings, married children, and unmarried children over twenty-one years of age

Green card as a refugee or asylum seeker. Refugees and asylum seekers in the United States for one year may petition for a green card.


Unlawful Presence Waiver


Certain immigrant visa applicants who are immediate relatives (spouses, children) of U.S. citizens can apply for provisional unlawful presence waivers before they leave the United States for their consular interview. You will need to submit a considerable amount of evidence to prove that a waiver should be granted due to the “extreme hardship” that your U.S. Citizen spouse or child would face if your case was denied. Other Aggravating factors that can cause your I-601 waiver to be denied include, but are not limited to, prior violations of immigration law, criminal charges, arrests, convictions, and marriage fraud. Generally, it takes 4 to 6 months to process an I-601A waiver application.


U.S Citizenship:

Before you can become a naturalized citizen, you need to become a legal permanent resident.  You need to live in the United States for a certain amount of time before you apply for naturalization. After that you can Submit your naturalization application Form.

The N400 Form is used to apply for US citizenship. If you are over the age of 18, are a legal lawful permanent resident (green card holder) of the United States and are eligible for naturalization.

The N600 is another form to be submitted to obtain your U.S Citizenship, if you are already a US citizen through birthright. This means that you are already a US citizen because your parents were US citizens.



Visas for Victims of Crime:


The U visa is a nonimmigrant visa that is set aside for victims of crimes (and their immediate family members) who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are willing to assist law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal activity.